Thursday, May 1, 2014

Teaser: The Dreams You Made in the Dirt

Are you a member of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group

If not, you absolutely should be, because the Love's Landscapes event is currently underway. That's where a bunch of people send in a bunch of prompts, and a whole other bunch of people write them. And then we all get to read them FOR FREE! 

The story I wrote last year, Falling Away, can be found via my Free Reads page

This year, the story I wrote is called The Dreams You Made in the Dirt. And not only did I get ambitious and make my own cover for it, but I'm also going to release it as a freebie via Amazon after the Love's Landscapes event. And possibly Smashwords as well, if I can actually figure Smashwords out... 

But here's a look at the cover. 



And here are the opening sentences: 


In that split second as he watched the glass in the windscreen fracture like a spider’s web, Cole knew one thing for certain: he was going to die. He’d survived a tour in a country where people tried to kill him on a daily basis, and now he was going to die in a car accident. How prosaic. How fucking absurd.

If you guys like hurt/comfort, first times, and a shitload of angst, I think you'll enjoy this one. 

There's also a dog. 

Of course. 

I'm beginning to think I'm incapable of writing a book without one.



4 comments:

Sofia Grey said...

Ohhhh... it's going to be So Good!
Falling Away was incredible, I loved the angst and raw emotions in that one, and this sounds like it will be as memorable :-)

Lisa said...

Thanks, Sofia! It was fun to write, but I always have fun writing angst!

J.A. Rock said...

Love this story! And the dog. Of course the dog.

Lisa said...

Gotta have a dog! (Apparently.)